In stock form, the KYMCO Venox has a great top speed for a cruiser. It does over 140 km/hr, but 5th gear is a bit of an overdrive and the bike doesn't have much pull left at that speed. The bike cruisers comfortably at 120 or up to 130, but at those speeds there isn't a lot of power left for passing.
Don't believe the hype, painting your Venox red will not make it faster
The KYMCO Venox Rear Sprocket Modification
We read about a solution to our little dilemma on the internet: the rear sprocket mod. At first we were skeptical, it sounded a little too good to be true. The reality was it was everything it was cracked up to be. Here's a full list of pros and cons:
- Faster acceleration in every gear
- Higher revs mean upshifting a little sooner
- The Venox's stock gearing is tall, so you really only notice this in first gear
- MPG is unaffected PRO- Faster highway speed as 5th becomes more of a "power gear" instead of an overdrive gear
- Higher revs on highway may have you looking for a 6th gear
Overall this mod is definitely recommended. The work was done at Studio Cycle Group, a Toronto, Ontario motorcycle dealership, and has been a breeze. If you want to order the sprocket upgrade kit or want help installing leave a message below or click on Contact Us and we'll help you get the parts and get riding!
Other Venox links
- KYMCO Venox Review.
- KYMCO Venox Lightbar.
- KYMCO Venox exhaust pipe baffle modification (to make it sound loud).
- KYMCO Venox Exhaust Baffle Mod step by step Instructions with Images.
- How-To: KYMCO Venox Oil Change.