In 2016, between YouMotorcycle and our brother site, bikerMetric, over 140 items were shipped to motorcyclists around the world. Only four items were returned this year, and those were handled by Amazon. Not bad! I’ve spent the last hour reviewing our sales, and in this post I’ll share with you a collection of our hottest selling and coolest items shipped out this year.
Evidently, I sell a lot of turn signal and lighting accessories. Roughly 10% of all items sold helped motorcyclists either see or be seen. Particularly popular were:
- Krator® 4X Universal Black Mini Bullet Turn Signals – $17 – Great price for a 4-pack of mini signals, for those who aren’t interested in paying a little extra to go LED.
- 7” Amber 26 LED Halo Headlight Turn Signal with 35W HID 6000W – $19 – Really cool concept, though maybe not the safest. This HID headlight comes with built in signals.
- 50W 6Ohm LED Load Resistors for LED Turn Signal Lights – $5 – Switched to LED lights and now your signals are flashing double-speed? Don’t look like a putz, solve that with this quick and inexpensive fix.
Helmets made up another substantial amount of all sales. Personally, I believe that proper motorcycle helmet fitment is important, and they are one of those pieces of gear that I prefer to buy in person. That being said, those who did buy their helmets online showed favoritism towards these two lids in particular:
- Bell Custom 500 – $95 – I love the variety of colors, finishes, and designs in the C500 line up. Some of the previous seasons’ designs can be found at a reduced price and still look awesome.
- Bell Pit Boss – $129 – The Pit Boss gives riders low-profile cruiser styling mixed in with dial-adjustable fitment and a built-in tinted visor.
- Z-Red Kit Anti-Fog Lens Cleaning Kit – $33 – Stop your visor or goggles from fogging! Also works for aquatics, winter sports, etc.
- Aviation-Style Goggles – $7 – Perfect for anyone looking to complete your throwback vintage motorcycle rider look. Free shipping!
- Sena SMH10D-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset (Dual Set) – $299 – Talk to your passenger, or to your friend on another bike, wirelessly and without using any minutes. We use a similar set and love it.
The right motorcycle cover can keep your bike clean, shiny, and even rust-free for decades. Look for a cover with ventilation and heat shielding. These features will allow any moisture on your bike to vent out, and avoid leaving any marks on hot exhaust pipes. Top sellers:
- The Bike Shield Motorcycle Shelter – $269 – It’s your motorcycle’s own outdoor garage. Perfect for those who don’t have a garage, and for those without enough space in the garage.
- Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus Motorcycle Cover – $70 – Waterproof, breathable, designed for the outdoors, and with features like vents, cotton construction for no scratches, and grommets for strapping.