Being a motorcyclist isn’t easy. It takes a lot of focus. There are a lot of cagers out there trying to kill us. There are a lot of road and weather conditions that don’t help. the world’s greatest outdoor sport is a way of life, an expression of freedom, and a method of transportation all in one. That’s what motorcycling is. It isn’t all sunshine, open roads, and good looking friends. Here are 50 tough things every motorcyclist must do.
1) Tell your buddy the first motorcycle he wants just isn’t the right first bike for him (or her).
2) Service your motorcycle yourself.
3) Take it to the dealership and admit that you failed to service your motorcycle yourself.
4) Learn how to ask for exactly what you want.
5) Pop a wheelie.
6) Skip a family event (or few) to go out riding.
7) Go on a charity run you really don’t want to.
8) Have at least one track day.
9) Have at least one off road day.
10) Jump on a bike with twice the horsepower or torque than you’re used to.
11) U-Turn and double back to talk to the girl who smiled at you as you rode by.
12) Stand up for the motorcyclist riding the littlest bike.
13) Kick a riding buddy to the curb for his or her hooligan habits.
14) Have your own version of Hunter S. Thompson’s wild drug and alcohol induced midnight runs.
15) Make it all the way to home base, on or around your motorcycle.
16) Bunny-hop the sidewalk.
17) Drift a little.
18) Dress like a motorcyclist.
19) Wash your bike more than once a season.
20) Follow up decisions with “What’s the worst that could happen?”
21) Make friends with the girl at the diner when you’re alone.
23) Take away a friend’s keys and wait.
24) Have that weird conversation where you tell your loved ones you care about them.
25) Blow off your significant other to hang out with your motorcycle.
Continue on Page 2!