When I bought my house it came equipped with a 16-camera surveillance system using Q-See cameras. Unfortunately, one of the mounts was broken. When I asked Q-See about sending me a new mount, they said I would have to replace the entire camera. Not a chance. Here’s how to easily, and affordably, fix a broken Q-See Camera Mount.
What you’ll need to fix a broken Q-See Camera Mount:
- Basic hand tools (screw driver, hex keys)
- RAM MOUNTS Diamond Ball Base
- RAM MOUNTS Composite Double Socket Arm
- Two screws
How to fix a broken Q-See Camera Mount:
There are 4 easy steps to fixing your broken camera mount.
- Remove the old mount
- Buy a RAM MOUNTS Diamond Ball Base and Composite Double Socket Arm
- Install the RAM MOUNTS Ball Base to your surface
- Use the Double Socket Arm to connect the ball base to your camera
1) Remove the old mount
With the help of a screw driver and some hex keys, remove the old broken mount
2) Buy a RAM MOUNTS Diamond Ball Base and Composite Double Socket Arm
There are only two parts you’ll need for this, and they cost about $17, which is much cheaper than what you’d pay for an entirely new camera.
Here are links to the best prices I could find on the RAM MOUNTS Diamond Ball Base and RAM MOUNTS Composite Double Socket Arm you’ll need.
3) Install the RAM MOUNTS Ball Base to your surface
Grab two screws and screw or drill the Ball Base to the surface your camera should be mounted on. You’ll now have a ball end sticking out, similar to the one sticking out of your camera.
4) Use the Double Socket Arm to connect the ball base to your camera
The Composite Double Socket Arm connects the ball end of the mount with the ball end of the camera. Just make sure to adjust the angle to your liking and then tighten the clamp down on the two balls.
No need to spend $70 or more to replace your Q-See Camera and add more junk and waste to the planet. You can just get two simple mounts from RAM MOUNTS and you’ll be all set. Mine has been up for over two years with the RAM MOUNTS without any problems.