Got a text message from KYMCO Canada’s Sabina Heilman today. She gave me a heads up that Studio Cycle Group is now hiring a mechanic in Toronto, Canada.
If you’re interested, take a peak.
Studio Cycle Group Inc, corporate store for KYMCO Canada, is a modern powersport dealership located in the heart of Toronto’s artistic Junction neighbourhood. We are a small, family oriented business in a dynamic industry with great opportunity for growth. We are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated individual with a multi-disciplinary approach to join our team. The qualified candidate will have a thorough comprehension of technical service and experience in the powersport industry. This is a part-time, hourly and seasonal position; estimated 25+ hours per week with some weekends. Pay is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate must be a licensed mechanic and will be responsible for the technical service and repair of customer vehicles, assembly and pre-delivery inspection on new vehicles, and completion of all required paperwork for customer work orders. Studio Cycle Group Inc. services all makes and models of powersport vehicles. The technician must maintain clean work environment in service area and daily work space clean up; in absence of technical work, he/she may be asked to assist with other duties. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, skilled, detail-oriented, and preferably have specific knowledge of the motorcycle or powersport industry. This candidate must take initiative to be a self-starter, to work independently with little supervision, and to work alongside parts and service staff in a very fast paced retail environment.
- Accept work assignments from service manager
- Technical service, diagnosis, maintenance and repair of customer vehicles
- Assembly and pre-delivery inspection of new vehicles
- Complete repair work accurately and within the scheduled time period
- Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible
- Test ride & clean all vehicles prior to returning to customer
- Complete all required paperwork for repair work orders
- Reference and maintain record of service manuals, maintenance intervals, technical recalls, and parts orders
- Maintain clean work environment and daily clean up of work space
- Ensure all service area requirements are being met
- Adhere to assigned work schedules
- Participate in corporate events
- Current mechanic’s license / trade certificate and commitment to maintain all necessary technical qualifications
- Service technicians are required to own their own set of basic and specialty tools
- Prefer a minimum of two years of experience in service departments with related experience in and knowledge of scooter, motorcycle, ATV or SxS
- Must have an M license or able to acquire an M license for vehicle test rides
- Proven ability to manage priorities and perform duties with a high level of detail, professionalism and time sensitivity with customer safety as top of mind
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn new skills and participate in ongoing professional development
- Works independently with minimal supervision and as part of the Service department
- Passion for and thorough understanding of the powersport industry and products
- Positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure in a busy, task oriented environment
- Solid knowledge of basic computer skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be approachable, enthusiastic and friendly with a good sense of humour, sensitive to customer needs, and able to maintain good customer rapport
- Must be punctual, tidy, and able to work well with others
Benefits to working at Studio Cycle Group:
- Work in a small, family owned business environment with an enthusiastic and highly skilled team that is passionate about powersports
- Clean, modern, and urban work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive pay structure
- Employee discounts on all in-store service & merchandise
- Exposure to OEM import business operations with KYMCO Canada
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
Please submit your resume along with expected compensation based on your experience in person at Studio Cycle Group Inc – 2923 Dundas St W, Toronto ON or by email to email@example.com before May 15, 2014.
We appreciate all expressions of interest in this position, however, as a practical matter only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates may be requested to provide work related references.